Cusco Machupicchu 4 Days
About the tour:
Immerse yourself in the nature of the Peruvian Andes, local culture, history, architecture and our Wonder of the Modern World, Machu Picchu. Enjoy four days spent exploring four spectacular circuits: Sacred Valley of the Incas, Machu Picchu, Rainbow Mountain and Lake Humantay.
A tour designed for you to enjoy with a small group of other travelers. Our expert team is waiting to welcome you!
This special tour of the Sacred Valley begins with a visit to Chinchero, known as the land of the rainbow, and for its strategic and imposing location on a high plain, with a backdrop formed by the snowcapped peaks of the Sacred Valley, Mount Veronica and Mount Chicón, which mark the beginning of the route to Machu Picchu. We will visit the agricultural terraces of Moray, once an agricultural research center where the Incas developed new crops, and the saltpans of Maras, composed of more than 3000 thousand small salt pools, each measuring around 5 square meters, with a depth of 30 cm. Come and join us!
From Ollantaytambo: After picking you up from your hotel, we will take you to the Ollantaytambo station for the train to the small town of Aguas Calientes. In Aguas Calientes, our guide will pick you up and take you to where the buses leave for Machu Picchu, where you will begin your long-anticipated Machu Picchu tour, visiting every fascinating corner of this Inca sacred city.
From Machu Picchu, we will return by bus to Aguas Calientes, where you will have time for lunch, after which we will accompany you to the train station for the return to Ollantaytambo. There, our driver will be waiting to take you back to your hotel in Cusco.
Rainbow Mountain is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Cusco, after Machu Picchu. To reach the beautiful Vinicunca Rainbow Mountain, we will leave very early and make sure we are among the first to reach the top. This will allow you to get the best photos of the mountain and surrounding scenery before too many other visitors arrive, and also give you plenty of time to visit the Red Valley, if you are in good physical condition, and if you have booked a private, rather than a shared, service. It is well worth visiting this beautiful valley, with its unique scenery and spectacular high Andean setting.
RED VALLEY: Optional: This is a chance to visit a less well-known natural attraction, and to get away from the crowds!
Whether you take a private tour or shared service, before you decide to visit Red Valley, make sure you’re in good physical condition, and check on the local weather conditions. Ask our expert guides for their advice!
Lake Humantay is famous as one of the most beautiful –and most sacred- lakes in Cusco. Its turquoise waters reflect the snow-covered slopes of Mount Salkantay (6270 meters), and it is one of the most picturesque locations anywhere in the Cusco region.
Travelers seeking more adventure can opt to do the Salkantay trek. This is a 5-day route through the high Andes, ending at Machu Picchu and including Lake Humantay along the way.
- Wear sneakers, light footwear or tennis shoes.
- Drink plenty of fluids during your excursions.
- Make sure you have a rain jacket, particularly during the rainy season.
- Wear comfortable clothing.
- Use sunscreen, wear a wide-brimmed hat.
- Take along some insect repellent.
- Take along a small, lightweight backpack.
Includes and does not include
- Pick-up from your hotel.
- Official bilingual guide.
- Minivan transport.
- Small group, between 2 and 10 persons.
- Tour of the Sacred Valley, tourist ticket (70 soles) and entrance to the Maras saltpans (10 soles).
- Buffet lunch in the Sacred Valley (vegetarian and vegan options are available).
- Rainbow Mountain and Lake Humantay, breakfast and buffet lunch (vegetarian and vegan options are available).
- The Machu Picchu tour is a private service
- Machu Picchu tour train tickets, entrance ticket to the ruins, entrance ticket to Machu Picchu Mountain (optional and subject to availability), shuttle bus to and from Machu Picchu, transport Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Cusco.
- Accommodation: 1 night’s standard hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- Assistance from Day 1 to the final day.
- Walking poles, first aid kit, and oxygen for walks.