Cusco Machupicchu 5 Days
About the tour:
The traditional Cusco Experience 5 days and 4 nights is a perfect balance of diverse experiences in your visit to the city of Cusco allowing us to live an unforgettable adventure in the main sites such as the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu.
Upon arrival in Cusco, we will pick you up from the airport and take you to your hotel. Later that day, we’ll visit some of Cusco's most notable cultural and archaeological sites, such as the Temple of the Sun, or Qoricancha, the San Pedro market, the traditional old San Blas neighborhood, the famous 12-angled stone, and the fortified temple of Sacsayhuaman.
The tour can be started at either 8:00 am or 1:00 pm, and takes around 4.5 hours.
The special tour of the Sacred Valley, begins visiting Chinchero, known as the land of the rainbow, and the strategic and imposing position of the snow-capped mountains of the Sacred Valley Veronica and Chicon which demarcate the road to Machu Picchu. We will visit the agricultural terraces of Moray, agricultural research center and the salt mines of Maras: formed by more than 3000 thousand small salt ponds, of 5 square meters with a depth of 30 Cm of salt, come and meet us!
From Ollantaytambo: After picking you up from your hotel, we will take you to the Ollantaytambo station for the train to the small town of Aguas Calientes. In Aguas Calientes, our guide will pick you up and take you to where the buses leave for Machu Picchu, where you will begin your long-anticipated Machu Picchu tour, visiting every fascinating corner of this Inca sacred city.
From Machu Picchu, you will return by bus to Aguas Calientes, where you will have time for lunch, after which we will accompany you to the train station for the return to Ollantaytambo. There, our driver will be waiting to take you back to your hotel in Cusco.
Rainbow Mountain is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Cusco, after Machu Picchu. To reach the beautiful Vinicunca Rainbow Mountain, we will leave very early and make sure we are among the first to reach the top. This will allow you to get the best photos of the mountain and surrounding scenery before too many other visitors arrive, and also give you plenty of time to visit the Red Valley, if you are in good physical condition, and if you have booked a private, rather than a shared, service. It is well worth visiting this beautiful valley, with its unique scenery and spectacular high Andean setting.
RED VALLEY: Optional: This is a chance to visit a less well-known natural attraction, and to get away from the crowds!
Whether you take a private tour or shared service, before you decide to visit Red Valley, make sure you’re in good physical condition, and check on the local weather conditions. Ask our expert guides for their advice!
Lake Humantay is famous as one of the most beautiful –and most sacred- lakes in Cusco. Its turquoise waters reflect the snow-covered slopes of Mount Salkantay (6270 meters), and it is one of the most picturesque locations anywhere in the Cusco region.
Travelers seeking more adventure can opt to do the Salkantay trek. This is a 5-day route through the high Andes, ending at Machu Picchu and including Lake Humantay along the way.
- Wear sneakers, light footwear or tennis shoes.
- Drink plenty of fluids during your excursions.
- Make sure you have a rain jacket, particularly during the rainy season.
- Wear comfortable clothing.
- Use sunscreen, wear a wide-brimmed hat.
- Take along some insect repellent.
- Take along a small, lightweight backpack.
Includes and does not include
- Pick-up from your hotel.
- Official bilingual guide.
- Minivan transport in the Sacred Valley.
- Sacred Valley: small group of between 2 and 10 persons.
- Sacred Valley tour: breakfast, tourist ticket (70 soles) and entrance ticket to Maras saltpans (10 soles).
- Day 1 buffet lunch (vegetarian and vegan options are available).
- The Machu Picchu tour is a private service.
- Machu Picchu tour: train tickets, entrance ticket to the ruins, entrance ticket to Machu Picchu Mountain (optional and subject to availability), shuttle bus to and from Machu Picchu, transport Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Cusco.
- 1 night’s standard hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- Organization: Meticulously organized from beginning to end.