Cusco Machupicchu in 3 Days
About the tour:
Come and enjoy one of our most requested experiences, our tour of the Sacred Valley of the Incas, and discover the best-preserved archaeological sites from the Inca period, and some of Peru’s best-known attractions: Chinchero, Moray, the saltpans of Maras and Ollantaytambo. And of course, your tour will end with the long-awaited visit to our lost city of the Incas: Machu Picchu. Here, you will be given a private tour in the company of an expert guide, who will share their knowledge of this famous Inca city. Also, as part of this tour, you’ll visit Vinicunca, better known to travelers as “Rainbow Mountain”, and immerse yourself in Peru’s history and culture, with a half-day city tour of Cusco!
Pick up from your hotel, once the whole group is complete, we will depart to the north. Our first visit will be to Chinchero, a picturesque village, where we can see agricultural terraces, the remains of the royal hacienda of Tupac Inca Yupanqui, the beautiful colonial temple built on the foundations of an Inca building and observe the whole process of wool from washing and spinning to become beautiful textiles. Continuing with our tour we will arrive at Moray, where we will observe several natural pits that were terraces for agricultural experimentation. Then we will continue to the salt mines of Maras, in this place we will observe the natural process of salt extraction that dates from the time of the Incas. Then we will go to the Ollantaytambo Fortress, built to guard the entrance to this part of the valley and protect it from possible invasions of the inhabitants of the jungle. At the end of the tour and back in the bus we will go to the town of Urubamba, where we will have our buffet lunch, after lunch we will go to the town of Ollantaytambo where we will visit the Ollantaytambo Archaeological Complex. At the end of the tour we will spend the night in Hotel Standart in Ollantaytambo.
From Ollantaytambo: After picking you up from your hotel, we will take you to the Ollantaytambo station for the train to the small town of Aguas Calientes. In Aguas Calientes, our guide will meet you, and take you to where the buses leave for Machu Picchu, where you will begin your long-anticipated Machu Picchu tour, visiting every fascinating corner of this Inca sacred city.
From Machu Picchu, we will return by bus to Aguas Calientes, where you will have time for lunch, after which we will accompany you to the train station for the return to Ollantaytambo. There, our driver will be waiting to take you back to your hotel in Cusco.
Rainbow Mountain is the most popular tourist attractions in Cusco, after Machu Picchu. To reach the beautiful Vinicunca rainbow mountain, we will leave very early and make sure we are among the first to reach the top. This will allow you to get the best photos of the mountain and surrounding scenery before too many other visitors arrive, and also give you plenty of time to visit the Red Valley, if you are in good physical condition, and if you have booked a private, rather than a shared, service. It is well worth visiting this beautiful valley, with its unique scenery and spectacular high Andean setting.
RED VALLEY: Optional: This is a chance to visit a less well-known natural attraction, and to get away from the crowds!
Whether you take a private tour or shared service, before you decide to visit Red Valley, make sure you’re in good physical condition, and check on the local weather conditions. Ask our expert guides for their advice!
- Wear sneakers, light footwear or tennis shoes.
- Drink plenty of fluids during your excursions.
- Make sure you have a rain jacket, particularly during the rainy season.
- Wear comfortable clothing.
- Use sunscreen, wear a wide-brimmed hat.
- Take along some insect repellent.
- Take along a small, lightweight backpack.
Includes and does not include
- Pick-up from your hotel.
- Official bilingual guide.
- Transport in minivan in the Sacred Valley / Rainbow Mountain.
- Small group of between 2 and 10 persons.
- Sacred Valley tour: Tourist ticket (70 soles) and entrance ticket to Maras saltpans (10 soles).
- Sacred Valley buffet lunch (vegetarian and vegan options are available).
- Rainbow Mountain: Breakfast and buffet lunch (vegetarian and vegan options are available).
- The Machu Picchu tour is a private service.
- Machu Picchu tour: train tickets, entrance ticket, bus to and from Machu Picchu, transport Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Cusco.
- 1 night’s standard hotel accommodation in Aguas Calientes.
- Assistance from Day 1 to the final day.