RAINBOW MOUNTAIN TOUR
About the tour:
Journey through a series of landscapes with snowcapped mountains, dipping and rising into impressive valleys and peaks, and vast pastures grazed by alpacas, to our destination: Vinicunca, or Rainbow Mountain, in the heart of the Andes. It takes its the name from the multicolored mineral deposits that cover its sandstone, and this memorable adventure has become a popular destination for visitors to Cusco. From Rainbow Mountain, there are spectacular views of Peru’s fifth highest mountain: the sacred snowcapped peak of Mount Ausangate, considered by local people as Cusco’s guardian mountain.
Come and be part of this adventure, Vinicunca awaits you!
Rainbow Mountain is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Cusco, after Machu Picchu. To reach the beautiful Vinicunca rainbow mountain, we leave very early and make sure we are one of the first to reach the top. This will allow you to get the best photos of the mountain and surrounding scenery before too many other visitors arrive, and also give you plenty of time to visit the Red Valley, if you are in good physical condition, and if you have booked a private, rather than a shared, service. It is well worth visiting this beautiful valley, with its unique scenery and spectacular high Andean setting.
RED VALLEY: Optional: This is a chance to visit a less well-known natural attraction, and to get away from the crowds!
Whether you take a private tour or shared service, before you decide to visit Red Valley, make sure you’re in good physical condition, and check on the local weather conditions. Ask our expert guides for their advice!
- Wear sneakers, light footwear or tennis shoes.
- Drink plenty of fluids during your excursions.
- Make sure you have a rain jacket, particularly during the rainy season.
- Wear comfortable clothing.
- Use sunscreen, wear a wide-brimmed hat.
- Take along a small, lightweight backpack.
Includes and does not include
- Pick-up from your hotel.
- Official bilingual guide.
- Small group, maximum 8 persons, or private tour.
- Walk to the Red Valley viewing point, for those on a private service tour and in good physical condition.
- Breakfast and buffet lunch (vegetarian and vegan options are available).