SACRED VALLEY WITH CONNECTION TO MACHU PICCHU
About the tour:
Why is this the best option?
The Sacred Valley of the Incas is an area chosen by the Incas for its fertile soils and great religious importance, where they built imposing citadels such as Pisac, Ollantaytambo and Machu Picchu, which today are among some of the most important tourist attractions in Peru and South America.
Another attraction visited by very few travelers is the condor refuge. This is an unmissable opportunity to see condors up close, and the best way to do this is in a 2-day program that combines the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu, in a complete service including everything you need for this incredible trip.
- 7:00 am: Pick up from your hotel.
- Duration: 2 days
- Tickets included: Sacred Valley attractions (70 soles) + Entrance to Machu Picchu.
- Type of transport:
- Bilingual tour guide.
- Group size: 2 to 10 persons (maximum).
- Meals: Buffet lunch (Sacred Valley).
- Accommodation: 1 night’s standard hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- Organization: Meticulously organized from beginning to end.
We will leave early to take advantage of the cool, pleasant weather and fully enjoy the famous Sacred Valley, where the Incas grew many of their most important crops after settling on the banks of the Vilcanota River. This name comes from the Quechua word Wilcamayu, meaning “Sacred River”. Along its banks, the Incas built a system of agricultural terraces and archaeological centers, replicating the constellations visible in the Andean sky. The sacred nature of this beautiful valley gives it an added enchantment.
- You will breakfast in the hotel in the company of your guide, before boarding a bus for the 30-minute ride up to Machu Picchu.
- The excursion will begin with the guide explaining the significance of every corner of this Wonder of the World, and you’ll visit the Main Plaza, Temple of the Sun, Sacred Sundial, the Royal Chambers, the Temple of the Three Windows and the cemeteries. This tour will take around 2 hours, depending on the opening times of each of the temples. You will also have free time to take photos and explore the Inca city independently.
- You will return by bus to the small town of Aguas Calientes, where you will have free time to eat lunch (not included in the price of the tour), and explore the town.
- In the afternoon, you will take the train back to Cusco (you’ll need to be at the station 30 minutes before the departure time). Upon your arrival at the Ollantaytambo train station, we will be waiting to take you to your selected hotel in Cusco (an approximately 90-minute drive).
- Wear sneakers, light footwear or tennis shoes.
- Drink plenty of fluids during your excursions.
- Make sure you have a rain jacket, particularly during the rainy season.
- Wear comfortable clothing.
- Use sunscreen, wear a wide-brimmed hat.
- Take along some insect repellent.
- Take along a small, lightweight backpack.
Includes and does not include
- Pick-up from your hotel.
- Official bilingual tour guide.
- Minivan transport in the Sacred Valley.
- Sacred Valley tour: breakfast, entrance ticket (70 soles), and entrance to Maras saltpans (10 soles).
- Day 1, buffet lunch (vegetarian and vegan options are available).
- The tour of Machu Picchu is a private service.
- Machu Picchu tour: train tickets, entrance ticket to the ruins, entrance ticket to Machu Picchu Mountain (optional and subject to availability), shuttle bus to and from Machu Picchu, transport Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Cusco.
- 1 night’s standard hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- Assistance from Day 1 to the final day.